Southeast Asia currently spends US$3.66 billion a year on bubble tea and similar ‘new tea’ drinks, according to this study jointly conducted by Momentum Works and qlub (a leading F&B check out solution provider).
The ‘Bubble Tea in Southeast Asia’ report provides in-depth analyses and insights into the business dynamics behind Southeast Asia’s favourite drink. We have also covered the following questions from industry stakeholders and international investors:
- Why is bubble tea so attractive, and is the hype over?
- What are the economics behind bubble tea?
- What defines a successful bubble tea chain? How to scale and what is the moat?
List of contents
- Rise of bubble tea
- Bubble tea landscape & players
- What’s the business behind it?
- How do key players create a moat?
- Conclusion & perspectives
Players featured: Nayuki, HEYTEA, Mixue, Gong cha, Tealive, Chagee, KOI Thé, Street Boba, Each a cup, Chatime, LiHo Tea, Coco, Bubble Tea Station, XIBOBA, R&B, Playmade, ONEZO, CHICHA San Chen, Serenitea, ToCoToCo, Macao Imperial Tea, ChaTraMue, KAMU, Fire Tiger, KOKUMI, ban ban, Milksha, Tiger Sugar, Xing Fu Tang, The Alley