Southeast Asian Used Car Platforms
About this Report
The used car market in Southeast Asia is growing fast, however, the market and the region is still underdeveloped. In such market conditions, different players have emerged to deal with the supply and demand of cars using different digital solutions. We analyse the evolution of the used car market in Southeast Asia in comparison with the sales of new cars to provide context and we evaluate the different strategies of player using transactional platforms.
Table of Contents
- The used car market in Southeast Asia
- Detailed analysis on the current market landscape in Southeast Asia
- Elements of the used car journey
- Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of different platforms
- Break-down of which platforms dominate the current market
- Development and challenges of the used car market
- Market evolution in terms of the relationship between used cars and new cars
- The evolution of the car digital ecosystem
- Changes in dominant business model, and implications of such changes
- Case studies of Carvana, Beepi and Guazi
- Overview of acquired funding by emerging players, namely Carro and Carsome
- Strategies of the most-funded competitors
- Outlining of the strategies implemented by the different players
- Summary of their total funding
- Resilience in times of crisis (Covid-19)
- How the market reacts to market shocks, and why it is less affected
- Ways to add value through online channels during a crisis
- Conclusions and final remarks
- Why is the market potential concentrated in Southeast Asia?
- What are the key factors behind this growth?
- How did the transactional platforms gain dominance?
- What strategies are being implemented by different players in the region?
We analyze the evolution of used car market in Southeast Asia in comparison with the sales of new cars to provide context and we evaluate the different strategies of player using transactional platforms.