Are you a startup looking into the Japanese market but unsure where to start from?
To help companies in Singapore to find opportunities in Japan, Tokyo Metropolitan Government just announced the launch of Access2Tokyo 2018, an accelerator program. As a regional partner in the APAC region, Momentum Works will conduct a sharing session on “Expand Your Startup to Japan: Opportunities & Challenges” on 20th June, 2018 at The Co. High Street, Singapore. We have invited guest speakers who are extremely experienced in the industry and an Access2Tokyo representative will be present to share exclusive insights!
Registration is NOW open!
Please click HERE to learn more and register now.
About the program
The 2018 Access2Tokyo Accelerator Program is aimed to help global technology startups to understand Japan market, get access to business and investment opportunities in Tokyo. This program is delivered through joint efforts by Tokyo Metropolitan Government, a panel of leading Japanese companies across different industries such as Sony, MUFG, Sumitomo, SBI, Nomura (who will act as mentors and business partners), and global consulting firm, Accenture. The program is fully funded by Tokyo government and there is no equity right taken from participating companies
The program will be held in the major business districts of Tokyo including Minato Ward, Shibuya Ward, and Chiyoda Ward.
What will participating companies get?
- Free access to workshops and mentoring to understand the Japanese market landscape, regulations and industry
- Access to business matching with Japanese companies across various industries
- Opportunities to pitch to Japanese investors and business community
- Support with business plan
- Free translator and interpreters
- Free support to navigate Tokyo (transport, accommodation, facilities, etc.)
- Free office space during the program
- Opportunities to visit major Japanese institutions and agencies in the startup ecosystem
For companies who decide to establish a Japanese corporate entity or branch office can receive free support* from the Tokyo government such as;
- Free support with corporate registration, business permit application, office rental search, recruitment, etc.
- Well-rounded consulting services provided by Accenture from business strategy formulation, market & regulator research, business partner identification, office search, recruitment, etc.
- For financial companies, a portion of recruiting expenses, specialist consultation fee and site establishment subsidies will apply
*terms and conditions apply
What is the program schedule?
- Application period: May 21st – July 13th, 2018
- Selection and announcement: Mid-August 2018
- Program activities: October – November 2018, attendance is based on participating companies’ preference and schedule.
- Program Pitch event: late November 2018
How to apply?
- Apply through Tokyo Government website, via this Link
For any inquiries, please feel free to contact A2T Asia Pacific office
- Email: [email protected]
- Mobile/Whatsapp/Wechat: +65 8367 2258
- Last year’s success story: please visit Link
For more information, please click here!
Thanks for reading The Low Down, insight and inside knowledge from the team at Momentum Works. Momentum Works is a regional partner of Access to Tokyo program in the APAC region through our expertise in helping startups and companies expanding overseas.
If you’d like to get in touch with us about any issues discussed in our blog, please drop us an email at [email protected] and let us know how we can help.