The Impulso Podcast is hosted by us at Momentum Works, twice a week, every week. Tune in to hear our in-house experts, community and guests unpack the latest trends, undercurrents and lessons in tech across borders. We explore topics like innovation, ecommerce, digital financial services, venture investment, and the broader digital economy. In addition to covering our home base of Southeast Asia and advanced global markets like the US, we also draw extensive lessons from tech companies in China.
This is the second of our in-depth series, which is published every Wednesday at 8am (GMT+8). The episode covers Elon Musk; from his visit in China and Tesla’s performance in its second largest market, to Twitter’s past turmoil and new leadership.
Some of the points we cover include:
- His itinerary in China; who did Elon Musk meet, and what is the significance of these meetings;
- How is China’s EV market doing? The May numbers are out, and the competition is stiff;
- Musk’s visit to the Shanghai gigafactory, and the moving speech he delivered;
- Why is Twitter’s new CEO starting earlier than expected? What challenges is Linda Yaccarino going to face? And, why her?
- How inspired exactly is Elon Musk by WeChat, and would WeChat even work outside of China?
- Is China worried about Starlink? And how is Musk responding to this?
You can listen to the podcast here (or find it on any podcast streaming service of your choosing by searching for “The Impulso Podcast”):