Cross border ecommerce from China
Cross border ecommerce industry has experienced an unprecedented boom in the past few years. SheIn, a leading player in the fashion category, achieved US$15.7 billion in revenue in 2021 – a key milestone for the sector.
However, in the past one year, we have seen increased competition, a shifting macro environment and major changes amongst major cross border platforms (Amazon, Shopify, TikTok, Alibaba and Shopee).
This presents various opportunities and challenges to market participants – major sellers and brands.
With that, in collaboration with 01VC, an early stage venture capital fund which has been active in cross border ecommerce investment, we dissect the following:
- A brief history of cross border ecommerce
- The optimal strategy before 2018 no longer works
- Trends with major cross border platforms: Amazon, Shopify, TikTok, Alibaba, Shopee
- Gap of opportunities
- Balancing profit and growth
- Balancing quality, quantity and speed
- Six key recommendations