Food delivery platforms in Southeast Asia 2022
The food delivery sector in Southeast Asia has continued to grow from the all-time high in 2020, with a GMV growth rate of 30% in 2021, reaching US$15.5 billion.
In Momentum Works’ second annual “Food Delivery Platforms in Southeast Asia” report, we covered the following key questions from industry stakeholders and international investors:
- What happened in 2021? Numbers, growth, trends, adaptation of the ecosystem, on the ground insights etc.
- Key players’ strategies, expansion into groceries, and path to profitability (or is it attainable)?
- What can we learn from global food delivery development?
- What’s next?
Platforms covered: Grab, Foodpanda, Gojek, ShopeeFood, LINE MAN, Deliveroo, Robinhood, Baemin, AirAsia Food
List of contents
- Introduction & recap
- Recap of 2020 report
- What happened in 2021
- 2021 market size and growth numbers in all 6 major markets in SEA
- 2021 performance and market share of key players in SEA
- Key trends in 2021
- How consumers, merchants, and government adapt and leverage the delivery infrastructure
- Cloud kitchen development
- Key players and strategies
- Different strategies of key players to approach food delivery
- Strengths and challenges of key players
- How other players differentiate to carve out specific segments
- Why is every major platform pushing aggressively into grocery delivery
- Key takeaways from global development
- Learnings from US and China development
- Conclusions and perspectives
- Future paths for the market and players