Web3 is undoubtedly the buzzword of the moment, with many industry leaders wondering whether or not to board the train. With so many tech giants and Web2 leaders moving into the space, and even changing their names to align with this new iteration of the web, we seem to be at a pivotal moment of change. So, what is it about this new concept that you need to know, and should you even care?
In Momentum Works’ “Web3: The inevitable next step?” report, we covered the following key questions from industry stakeholders and international investors:
- Main use cases: How is blockchain technology being used? What are the most common ways users interact with Web3?
- The industry landscape: Who is leading the pack? Where are many of these companies located and how do they find their success?
- Key terms: What do these buzzwords mean? How are they contextualised outside of their definitions?
- Future trends: Where is the industry going? Is there a bubble, and what will happen if it bursts? Did you miss the boat?
Brands and projects covered: Animoca Brands, Crypto.com, Uniswap, Decentraland, Axie Infinity and more.
List of contents
- The evolution of the web
- Taxonomy and use cases of Web3
- Web3 strategy and Animoca Brands
- GameFi and Axie Infinity
- The Metaverse and how to access it
- Centralised Exchanges and Crypto.com
- Decentralised Exchanges, DAOs, and UniSwap
- Key players in blockchain development
- Global trends and conclusion