The Impulso Podcast is hosted by us at Momentum Works, twice a week, every week. Tune in to hear our in-house experts, community and guests unpack the latest trends, undercurrents and lessons in tech across borders. We explore topics like innovation, ecommerce, digital financial services, venture investment, and the broader digital economy. In addition to covering our home base of Southeast Asia and advanced global markets like the US, we also draw extensive lessons from tech companies in China.
This is the latest in our weekly recap episodes, which are published every Friday at 4pm SGT (GMT+8). Some of the topics discussed include:
- The timing of Sequoia’s decision to split in to three funds based on geography, and the motivations behind the decision;
- What role, if any, did geopolitical tensions play? And, what does the new name of the India and SouthEast Asia fund say about its potential for success?
- Though they are seemingly divided in geographies, does this split allow for competition between the three funds?
- Apple’s decision to announce a headset years after its tech conglomerate counterparts that might only be released next year;
- The price point and differentiating factors of the Vision Pro; who is buying this?
- The SEC is finally taking a stand on crypto regulation, but is it more aggressive than expected?
- Binance and Coinbase face different lawsuits that could set the precedent for regulation in the blockchain-enabled space;
- Temu has ventured into double digit geographies, but how is the company’s business model faring across continents?
- Are the rumours true; does Temu have plans to inch closer to home?
You can listen to the podcast here (or find it on any podcast streaming service of your choosing by searching for “The Impulso Podcast”):