As we mentioned more than two years ago, the purpose of blogging on TheLowDown (TLD) is to share and to exchange. We are more than happy when we receive emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling how wrong we are – even for our predictions. We enjoy the process of thinking, and becoming wiser together.
And no, we do not intend to become a media/information platform. For that, Dealstreetasia, TechinAsia, e27, Nikkei, VentureBurn, Inc42, The Ken, KrAsia, VentureBurn, TechCrunch, StartSe etc. are already doing excellent jobs.
Anyway, for 2019, we actually wrote (including this one) 204 blog posts – which amazed ourselves when we saw the tally. Quite a feat considering we do not have a full time writer and blogging is distributed throughout the team who are otherwise building ventures and consulting for our clients.
Our readers are from all over the world (Apologies to Chile and Argentina for the cropped map):
The top 10 countries/territories where our readers are from include (in order from highest):
1. United States; 2. Indonesia; 3. Singapore; 4. India; 5. Malaysia; 6. Thailand; 7. Hong Kong SAR; 8. Vietnam; 9. China; 10. United Kingdom.
Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Brazil and Mexico made it to the top 20.
And the 10 most read articles in 2019 are (in order from the highest):
- Who are the investors behind Grab?
- Why many Chinese find it hard to work with Indians
- Uniqlo, Muji & Daiso all in one, but Chinese?
- Alibaba is an advertising company, more than an ecommerce one
- aCommerce – trouble in paradise?
- Why Toutiao’s Tik Tok is so popular in Southeast Asia
- What are the tech opportunities in India?
- Who are the owners of OVO?
- Fashion ecommerce in SEA, and why Zalora is struggling
- Where did RedMart go wrong, and why did Lazada buy it?
You might notice that more than half of these articles are actually written before 2019 – true long tail.
Let us know what your favourites are – and what you would like us to blog more about.
And as usual, we are always recruiting – perhaps it is time for someone with copyediting experience to join us to handle the workload of this undertaking. If you know anyone good, recommend to us (email@example.com) please.