ChatGPT, a generative AI tool developed by OpenAI, has accumulated more than 100m users within 2 months after its launch – faster than the most viral consumer apps such as Uber, Spotify, Instagram or even TikTok.
More importantly, many users are actually hooked – using ChatGPT for a variety of personal and professional use cases.
Whilst there is a lot of supercharged articles and TikTok about how ChatGPT will revolutionise the future, we decided to answer 3 key questions most commonly asked within our community:
- What is really behind ChatGPT? And what is it, and its peers, really capable of?
- How did OpenAI and Microsoft succeed, while other big techs fall behind in this race?
- What is the real impact on us, our jobs and our companies? Should we be worried?
We answer these questions through our new report – “The future, by ChatGPT”.
This report provides a comprehensive overview of the generative AI landscape, key concepts behind models like GPT, its potential impact on various industries, and finally, the impact on organisations and individuals. You can download your copy here.
Momentum Academy will also be doing a zoom briefing on this report on Thursday, 6 April, 3PM – 4PM SGT. You can register for the briefing here.
7 highlights of the report:
- Large Language Models are getting bigger and better
ChatGPT and its creator, OpenAI, are at the forefront of generative AI; a myriad of applications and models that have different capabilities ranging from image generation to code completion. The space is also evolving rapidly; product announcements dominate the headlines as companies compete for market share.
- Knowing how to construct and train a Large Language Model is fundamental to understand how generative AI works
- The key people behind OpenAI
OpenAI’s early founders and backers were already established in their respective fields; they include Elon Musk, Reid Hoffman, Peter Thiel and even Microsoft, providing support to OpenAI’s development strategically and financially.
- How AI companies can be profitable is important
While OpenAI’s flagship products ChatGPT and DALL-E2 are currently free to most users, they are also starting to monetise.
- Big techs are driving or impacted by the advent of ChatGPT and generative AI. How do they ensure their companies are future-proof?
- Zooming into Microsoft – the clear winner in the The AI competition (for now)
More companies are entering the AI arms race to ensure they don’t lose out. The emergence of generative AI has also had a profound impact on their products and company direction.
- History shows us that each revolution kills old jobs, but unleashes new one.
The capabilities demonstrated by ChatGPT and DALL-E have led to uncertainties in certain industries – Will AI render artists and copywriters obsolete? Or will new industries and jobs emerge like the industrial revolutions that have happened before?
Download the report and join our debate
These are just some of the insights covered in our new report – “The future, by ChatGPT. Download your copy here. Momentum Academy will also be doing a zoom briefing on this report on Thursday, 6 April, 3PM – 4PM SGT. You can register for the briefing here.
If you would like to have this sharing and other insights for your leadership team, you are welcome to contact Momentum Academy ([email protected]).