The Impulso Podcast is hosted by us at Momentum Works, twice a week, every week. Tune in to hear our in-house experts, community and guests unpack the latest trends, undercurrents and lessons in tech across borders. We explore topics like innovation, ecommerce, digital financial services, venture investment, and the broader digital economy. In addition to covering our home base of Southeast Asia and advanced global markets like the US, we also draw extensive lessons from tech companies in China.
This is the latest in our weekly recap episodes, which are published every Friday at 4pm SGT (GMT+8). Some of the topics discussed include:
- Gates and Blinken in China; what is with the timing of these visits?
- What did Antony Blinken and Xi Jinping discuss, and what will come out of this?
- Is it necessary for the US and China to be friendly?
- Alibaba’s two new-ish leaders, and what their return means for the future of innovation within the company;
- Why are so many co-founders returning to the tech giant?
- Grab’s unexpected, or very expected, layoffs;
- What do layoffs actually achieve?
- J&T’s plans to IPO gave us a lot of insight in to the company;
- What can we learn from their draft prospectus?
You can listen to the podcast here (or find it on any podcast streaming service of your choosing by searching for “The Impulso Podcast”):