The Impulso Podcast is hosted by us at Momentum Works, twice a week, every week. Tune in to hear our in-house experts, community and guests unpack the latest trends, undercurrents and lessons in tech across borders. We explore topics like innovation, ecommerce, digital financial services, venture investment, and the broader digital economy. In addition to covering our home base of Southeast Asia and advanced global markets like the US, we also draw extensive lessons from tech companies in China.
Some of the points covered in part one of this in-depth episode on Ant Group:
- What was the logic behind Alipay? How, and why did it take off?
- Why is the word of the week “pancake”?
- Understand what problems e-wallets really solve, and dive under the much touted “unbanked population” argument;
- The balance between regulation and innovation is a delicate one; Ant Group has certainly seen their fair share of controversy and regulatory action;
- What other products under Ant Group remain prevalent amongst Chinese users?
You can listen to this episode below, or search for The Impulso Podcasts on whichever platform you choose to listen: