An interesting discussion on Momentum Works’s WeChat community yesterday:
- A: Dear all, who knows the most effective way of attracting customers to a WeChat mini-programme? (e.g. an app by a brand/merchant, but hosted on wechat)
- B: Discount
- C: Discount
- B: Just check how Pinduoduo does it. Here is my invite code.
- A: Aside from discounting, any other most effective methods?
- D: Offering your product/samples for free!
- E: Turn whatever you pay for marketing costs into rebates for actual target customers
- A: I thought so too, but how to explain to my foreign boss who is from a traditional industry
- E: How traditional is it? Agriculture? Manufacturing?
- A: Traditional retail, which is probably dying
- D: I think you should stop wasting your time, and start looking forward to reincarnation
Thanks for reading The Low Down (TLD), the blog by the team at Momentum Works. Got a different perspective or have a burning opinion to share? Let us know at [email protected]