Over the last year, TikTok Shop has shown incredible growth and has a presence now in 9 markets, including all major markets in Southeast Asia, the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia and the United States. After hitting US$4.4 billion GMV in Southeast Asia in 2022, TikTok Shop aims to triple that this year, as part of its overall (ambitious) US$20 billion target.
To better understand the current landscape brought about by the rise of TikTok Shop, we are unveiling Momentum Works’ latest report – The TikTok Shop Playbook: How ecosystem stakeholders should respond to the ecommerce insurgent.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- TikTok Shop – the social platform’s push into ecommerce
- Is TikTok Shop a threat to incumbent marketplaces?
The full Momentum Works TikTok Shop report covers the following sections:
- Introduction and overview – GMV, market share, TikTok Shop’s ecosystem, the importance of viral products (爆款)
- Crowd-sourced key questions:
- Why is TikTok betting so heavily on ecommerce?
- What is TikTok’s strategic focus in ecommerce?
- What are the key differences between TikTok Shop and other marketplaces?
- What product categories sell well on TikTok?
- Would North American consumers watch videos and buy things?
- How can TikTok build its ecosystem?
- Conclusion and perspectives
- How will TikTok hit its US$20B GMV target for 2023?
- Is TikTok Shop sustainable?
Find out the above insights, and more by purchasing the full report here.
The TikTok Shop Playbook report is also supplemented by a bonus standalone mini report “How should brands work with TikTok Shop?” The mini report provides a framework to guide brands in evaluating whether, and how, they should leverage TikTok (Shop) in their overall ecommerce strategy.