Masayoshi Son, the chairman of SoftBank, made a visit to Joko Widodo (Jokowi), President of the Republic of Indonesia.
During the visit, Masa pledged US$2 billion of investment in Indonesia through Grab.
Softbank has already invested $3 billion into Grab, and Indonesia is Grab’s biggest market. The company recently launched its second venture accelerator programme where most of the participating startups are from Indonesia.
Some have asked who the people in the group photo that is shared on Jokowi’s Instagram account are.
Here is the list – from left to right:
- Katsunori Sago, Board Director, EVP and CSO of SoftBank Group
- Thomas Lembong, Head of BKPM (Indonesia’s Investment Coordinating Board)
- William Tanuwijaya, Founder & CEO, Tokopedia
- Ridzki Kramadibrata, President, Grab Indonesia
- Masayoshi Son
- Anthony Tan, Co-Founder & Group CEO, Grab
- Pandu Sjahir
- Luhut Pandjaitan, Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs