Low Level Barbarians, co-hosted by Alex Le, Dave Chang, Jianggan Li and Andrew Gananantham, is a show that covers discussion and debate around trending topics from Asia on Asia. Topics can range widely from technology, startups, VC, investing, society, economics, and more. You can view summaries of Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6, Episode 7, Episode 8, Episode 9, Episode 10, Special Episode, Episode 11, Episode 12, Special Episode, Master Debater’s Corner, Episode 13, Episode 14, Episode 15, Episode 16, and Episode 17.
In this episode, the Low Level Barbarians do a high level dive into the world of AI, featuring a close LLB friend, Ken (Noppadon Kamolvilassatian), an AI practitioner. They discuss about how the AI field is developing, recent developments in the hardware and software powering modern AI, the evolution of Large Language Models (LLMs), and even some fun speculation on AGI unfolding.
Here are the key topics they discussed about.
- Introducing AI (00:5:16), modern AI (00:09:37), Symbolic Logic with Neural Networks (00:13:41) and AI Development (00:18:21) |
- AI vs ML vs NN vs DL (00:23:49)
- AI Hardware/Software (00:25:25) and Large Language Models (00:27:33)
- AGI Concern (00:30:11)
- Data Hardware Limits on AI (00:39:04)
- On OpenAI & GPT (00:42:17)
- Speculations on AGI (00:47:41)
- Closing Thoughts (00:54:19) | Pre-Show Talk (01:05:17)
Tune into the podcast now: