Low Level Barbarians, co-hosted by Alex Le, Dave Chang, Jianggan Li and Andrew Gananantham, is a show that covers discussion and debate around trending topics from Asia on Asia. Topics can range widely from technology, startups, VC, investing, society, economics, and more. You can view summaries of Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6, Episode 7, Episode 8, Episode 9, Episode 10, Special Episode, Episode 11, Episode 12, Special Episode, Master Debater’s Corner, Episode 13, Episode 14, Episode 15, Episode 16, Episode 17, Episode 18, and Episode 19.
In this episode, Patrick Ambrus helps break down the Alameda Research/FTT structure and explains why it was wrong. He gives a very clear and succinct timeline of how the crash happened with new and unique insights.
Some big insights revolve around the nature of Alameda and FTX and why this was allowed, where we are realistically in cryptocurrency adoption, what is needed to build the future of crypto, and the possibilities of cohesion vs bifurcation. Despite the doom and gloom, Pat paints a very optimistic future.
Here are the key points discussed:
- What Happened With FTX (00:05:40)
- Alameda Structure (00:14:55)
- The Biggest Problem With FTX Structure (00:18:09)
- CEX Bankruns vs Real DeFi (00:21:45)
- Coinbase vs FTX structure (00:27:33)
- Technologist (00:29:40)
- TradFi/Crypto Intersect (00:32:17)
- Crypto Infra/App Layers (00:40:24)
- Talent/Dear Leaders/Bridging Worlds (00:50:37)
- Crypto Fracturing & The Future (00:57:19)
- Human Nature/Maximalism Explored (01:05:21)
Tune in to hear their thoughts:
Thanks for reading The Low Down (TLD), the blog by the team at Momentum Works. Got a different perspective or have a burning opinion to share? Let us know at [email protected].