Low Level Barbarians, co-hosted by Alex Le, Dave Chang, Jianggan Li and Andrew Gananantham, is a show that covers discussion and debate around trending topics from Asia on Asia. Topics can range widely from technology, startups, VC, investing, society, economics, and more. You can view summaries of Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6, Episode 7, Episode 8, Episode 9, Episode 10, Special Episode, Episode 11, Episode 12, Special Episode, Master Debater’s Corner, Episode 13, Episode 14, Episode 15, Episode 16, Episode 17, Episode 18, Episode 19, Episode 20, and Episode 21.
This episode focuses on a thesis that says Malaysia is the best country to invest in SEA. Along with this sentiment, Jianggan and Alex discuss the big opportunities to build or invest in Southeast Asia that are not related to tech. Did the foodtech platforms have the right investment and execution thesis? Jianggan provides great insights and nuance to the China Covid situation you usually won’t hear from anywhere else.
Here is the breakdown of the episode
- Intro (00:00:00)
- Malaysia vs Singapore – Most Investable Country Malaysia (00:01:25)
- Non-Tech Investment Opportunities (00:07:36)
- Bubble Tea & Beverages (00:10:54)
- Backend Supply Chain Innovation (00:13:27)
- Front End F&B Innovation (00:21:30)
- FoodTech Platforms (Grab, GoTo, FoodPanda, DeliveryHero) (00:25:37)
- Poland vs Indonesia (00:34:05)
- Truly Regional Businesses (00:38:46)
- China CCP Covid Situation (00:40:44)
Tune into the podcast now:
Thanks for reading The Low Down (TLD), the blog by the team at Momentum Works. Got a different perspective or have a burning opinion to share? Let us know at [email protected].